IntenselyFocused

Intensely Focused

I'm not obsessed, I'm just intensely focued.

Home Improvement: Undead Edition
Charlaine Harris, Toni L.P. Kelner
Sherlock Holmes: The Complete Novels and Stories, Volume I
Arthur Conan Doyle
SPOILER ALERT!
Succubus Blues - Richelle Mead

I really truly enjoyed this book. The first thing I did this morning was put the second book on hold at the library. Why isn't it 5 stars? Mostly because I'm stingy.

I really did like Georgina Kincaid and the surrounding cast. The not having intimate contact with people she likes thing may get old though. We'll see. So far she seems distressed but hasn't yet fallen into my "stop suffering and die" category (originally inspired by Angel in the first few seasons of BTVS. Whenever I saw him I thought "I'm suffering, and I'm suffering. Hey guys, there's this part where I'm suffering." And eventually I said he should stop suffering and die already and it kind of stuck among my friends).

So far she's also managed to avoid the other trap in urban fantasy which has begun to annoy me lately, namely she's not the most specialist girl ever. You know the ones I'm talking about. They're not just supernatural they're somehow extra super special supernatural.

And while she might be working for Lilith, so far as I know she's not Lilith's biological daughter (another thing I'm getting tired of).

I digress.

The plot moves along smartly. The characters all interesting and people I'd like to learn more about. Georgina is a strong, smart woman who doesn't have a problem with sex generally speaking, just the whole sucking the life force part. And she works in a bookstore in Seattle, so what's not to like?

Okay, she occasionally gives out mixed signals which normally I'd have a problem with but I let it slide in this case.