IntenselyFocused

Intensely Focused

I'm not obsessed, I'm just intensely focued.

Home Improvement: Undead Edition
Charlaine Harris, Toni L.P. Kelner
Sherlock Holmes: The Complete Novels and Stories, Volume I
Arthur Conan Doyle
SPOILER ALERT!
Late Eclipses - Seanan McGuire

I mostly enjoyed it.

I'm still not sure what we're supposed to see in Connor. I get that October likes him because of prior history but as a reader I don't find him particularly interesting.

I think McGuire needed to lay more groundwork for the crazy changeling because as soon as October started having symptoms I assumed she'd been poisoned. It's like the problem from A Local Habitation, it seemed pretty obvious to me and I wasn't sure why October didn't catch it. Maybe we're supposed to excuse her because she was suffering from the effects of poison. It may have been mentioned in other books but I read them around release time and so it's been a while since I read the last one. If I thought insanity was a real possibility I don't think I would have been so quick to see the poison. The placement of the poison was diabolical.

I was somewhat disappointed to find out October is a heretofore virtually unknown species. There are a ton of those running around in urban fantasy. It's more interesting when she's underpowered and has to rely on intelligence and a small amount of magical talent to get by. I do find it interesting that Tybalt had it figured out though, particularly since he knew something from back when she first appeared. I keep thinking the daughter and her heritage is going to turn up again.

I'll miss Lilly but I think her death was handled well. It was very moving.

I liked the development with Tybalt. I also liked the glimpse into the Court of Cats.

I'm really looking forward to the next book.