IntenselyFocused

Intensely Focused

I'm not obsessed, I'm just intensely focued.

Home Improvement: Undead Edition
Charlaine Harris, Toni L.P. Kelner
Sherlock Holmes: The Complete Novels and Stories, Volume I
Arthur Conan Doyle
Shelter Stories - Patrick McDonnell I was a little disappointed in this book. I was expecting full length stories about pets who had been rescued from a shelter rather than a few sentences or a paragraph. I think that may have been more effective at persuading people to adopt a pet. I'm also not sure I agree with the advice about elderly people adopting older animals. Adult animals yes, but elderly animals (and animals are considered elderly relatively early in life) require a lot of extra care and often expensive medical treatment. The cartoons were cute but a little repetitive.

Having said all that, the book is still a nice read and very touching. The photography is just beautiful. The book also pointed out that shelters may have more than just dogs and cats. Sometimes there are rabbits, birds, guinea pigs, etc. The cartoons were actually more touching than the few lines about each animal. The book also had some good information at the end about how and why to adopt an animal from a shelter.